I always love attending Pot Luck functions as it often leads us to find fun new recipes. Before I started working from home, I worked in a rehab hospital and once a month a group of us “psycho-social” type professionals would take the opportunity to have a pot luck lunch, trade recipes and stories. I am not much of a dessert person; in fact, I hate to bake, so this recipe was right up my alley. Not only did the adults love it but when I tried it at home, the kids were all over it too. Since fall is apple season, I have started making this again; once to a pool bbq party and as a snack for the kids after school. When I make it for the kids, I halve the recipe as I think too much of this may make them sick. What do you think?
1 package of cream cheese
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 small container of caramel sauce (or a small amount from a jar)
1 package Skor pieces (can also be found at Bulk Food stores)
Apples, sliced (I prefer Granny Smith)
1. Beat cream cheese and brown sugar together with mixer until smooth. Spread the mixture in an even layer on a serving plate
2. Heat caramel sauce slightly and spread over the cream cheese mixture.
3. Sprinkle Skor pieces on top of caramel.
4. Slice apples, leaving skin on. Sprinkle with lemon juice to stop them from turning brown.
5. Dip apples in mixture and enjoy!